As authorized by the November 30, 2020 State Public Health Order the NRGSC Board of Directors has voted to reopen our ranges effective December 6, 2020 subject to the following rules. This notice does not constitute a blanket reopening, rather a limited reopening while the pandemic continues.
Hours are Sunrise to Sunset for the Archery, Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun Ranges
Everyone must follow these Guidelines:
- Maintain a distance of at least 6′ between you and others.
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone on Club property. You must furnish your own mask.
- We recommend that you wash or sanitize your hands frequently as well as wear gloves. You must provide your own wipes, sanitizer and gloves.
- Avoid touching your face, nose or mouth.
- Sanitize objects touched by others.
Do not come to the Club if:
- You have a cough, fever or sore throat.
- You have been exposed to someone with a cough, fever or sore throat.
- You have been exposed or believe you have been exposed to someone who has Coronavirus.
- You have traveled on an airplane during the past 14 days.
Fixed target archery range will be limited to 2 shooters at any one time. The practice 3D range will remain unavailable for now. Use your backside to steady a target while pulling arrows to avoid touching targets.
The pistol range has 3 pistol bays. Bays 1 & 3 are wide enough to accommodate 2 shooters simultaneously. Pistol Bay 2 or the middle bay can only have 1 shooter at any one time.
The Rifle Range currently has 12 shooting stations, which are 10 feet apart. Every station may be used by a maximum of 1 person.
Members are welcome to use the Shotgun Range as long as the Shotgun Range is not scheduled for other activities (always check Club Calendar). Members must provide their own equipment and clay targets. No sign-in or range fee is required.
Shotguns only — rifles or pistols are not allowed. Shot size is limited to #7 ½ max; slugs or buckshot are not allowed.
Instructors may conduct firearms safety and proficiency training at the Club if they comply with New Mexico Department of Public Safety guidelines for CCW instructors set forth below:
- In person classes are limited to 5 people including instructor(s).
- All persons are required to wear masks.
- All persons must adhere to social distancing guidelines and remain 6 feet apart.
What does this mean for instructors?
- Separate students and workstations in the classroom to 6 feet apart. Adhere to 6 feet social distancing on the range, unless necessary for safety reasons.
- Advise students in advance masks are required to be worn for the duration of the class.
- If a student is sick, advise them to stay home and assist in rescheduling their class for another day.
- Use good hygiene practice.
The Board will continually review these issues as State Public Health Orders are revised.
We ask for your patience now that the ranges are reopening. As circumstances surrounding COVID-19 change, the rules will be modified accordingly.
All Members are to embrace virus safety as diligently as we do firearms / archery safety. Individuals need to hold themselves and each other accountable, same as before. Please politely call out bad behavior directly or report such to a board member.
If we determine that Members are not complying with the social distancing and mask requirements set out in our Guidelines we will be forced to shut down the entire range.
Please be reminded, the NRGSC does not pro-rate membership for any reason, therefore no refunds due to any closure of the range.
Link to State Public Health Orders: https://cv.nmhealth.org/public-health-orders-and-executive-orders